Wednesday 24 October 2012

New York New York...the big apple as inspiration

My fabulous recent trip to NY with a lovely friend has left  many images, ideas and thoughts in my mind.
We met some amazing people including finding a very inspiring gallery 'Spanierman'. Do look at their website if you like American abstract art. www.spanierman.com
Some of the colour abstracts this gallery sells are amazing.
So I set to work and after the usual ups and downs and 'ohhhh I'm never going to paint again' problems I have completed a painting I am now pleased with. There is a great richness in the colours which doesn't fully come across in the image but it gives a good idea of the painting.
The NY grid system and vibrancy were major players here.


 I am now off to work on the others in the set..... so a big coffee and off to the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment