Monday 27 July 2015

Audrey Hepburn exhibition National Portrait Gallery London.

I went to see this exhibition last week. This mainly photographic exhibition showed clearly what a style icon she was and still is. I have always been impressed by her ability to use her fame especially in later life, to do such good work especially for UNICEF.
Her long link with Hubert Givenchy was also very clear.  
As I am also half Dutch I am also curious about her ability to keep up her Dutch. I would love to have heard an interview with her in Dutch as I think the tone of voice in another language is much different (lower in Dutch).
Her poise and years as a dancer I think show clearly in the images. It would have been interesting to see more images of her 'au naturel' and as a 'normal' woman as she would clearly have been stunning even just in jeans. This exhibition shows her public life beautifully...but her private life is kept private...probably a good thing, as she is no longer around to defend herself....
these images have come from the National Portrait gallery website.




No comments:

Post a Comment